Ten Things to Know About the Royal Couple
by Qiana Cressman
Who doesn't love, love? As Prince Harry and Meghan Markle prepare for a lavish wedding hosting 600 vip-guests, EWM is here to share ten fascinating facts about this royal duo.
1. Meghan Markle is comfortable in her own skin. And that’s a royally attractive quality on anyone.
"While my mixed heritage may have created a grey area surrounding my self-identification, keeping me with a foot on both sides of the fence, I have come to embrace that. To say who I am, to share where I'm from, to voice my pride in being a strong, confident mixed-race woman. That when asked to choose my ethnicity in a questionnaire as in my seventh grade class, or these days to check 'Other', I simply say: 'Sorry, world, this is not Lost and I am not one of The Others. I am enough exactly as I am." —Elle UK, 2015
2. Prince Harry undoubtedly carries on the monumental legacy of his late mother, Princess Diana.
Prince Harry co-founded the charity Sentebale with Lesotho’s Prince Seeiso to help the orphans of Lesotho. In 2009, he co-founded The Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry with his older brother Prince William. The Foundation’s three focuses are on giving guidance and support to disadvantaged young people, building awareness on sustainable development and environmental conservation, and on the welfare of members of the Armed Forces and their families.
3. Prince Harry and Meghan met on a blind date in early July, 2016. "We were introduced actually by a mutual friend," says Meghan. And they privately dated for six months before it became official news to the public.
4. Meghan is a celebrity but she's also an advocate, voice for social causes and humanitarian, not just a pretty face. "With fame comes opportunity, but it also includes responsibility–to advocate and share, to focus less on glass slippers and more on pushing through glass ceilings."
5. Lifetime is making a movie about their love story. It’s a TV movie called Harry & Meghan: The Royal Love Story.
6. There will be over 250 members of the British Armed Guard assigned to their wedding.
7. According to Us Weekly, the Queen is "fully supportive" and another source revealed that the Queen is "delighted" to see Harry in a loving relationship. -T&C, 2018
8. Following the wedding, the couple modestly shares plans to start a family. Both were beaming with excitement in several interviews when asked about having children of their own. Prince Harry revealed in April 2018, that he’s the godfather to about six children and is ready for fatherhood. "I think the key to being a good father is to be able to grow up, but also being able to stay in touch with your childhood side. I’d love to have children."
9. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will invite 2,640 members of the public to Windsor Castle for the Royal wedding. -Twitter News, 2018
10. The wealth-tracking site celebritynetworth.com estimates that Prince Harry is worth $40 million, a sum he's accumulated from funds left in trust to him by his mother, Princess Diana. -T&C, 2018
Ahhhh...the joys of love and marriage! Are you tuning into the #RoyalWedding on Saturday, 05/19/18 at 4:00 a.m.? We are!